The idea of self-care is — a holistic (whole body) approach to taking care of one’s physical and emotional health.
By choosing to practice a self-care routine, you create moments within each day for simple self-care rituals that are internally nourishing and fills up your cup, a routine that is deliberate and personalised to your needs with your own wellbeing in mind.
Self-care is an essential part of maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle, not only can self-care alleviate feelings of stress and anxiety, but it also better prepares you for the demands of life. Whether that’s work, family or something else, you’re only able to help those around you when you’ve taken proper care of yourself.
Here are some ideas for a simple and sustainable self-care routine:
- Start your day with a healthy habit: Begin your day with a healthy habit, such as drinking a glass of water, doing some stretches, or meditating. This can help set a positive tone for the rest of your day.
- Take care of your skin: Taking care of your skin can help you feel more confident and refreshed. Develop a skincare routine that works for you, whether that’s in the morning, evening, or both. We’ve recently created our own Morning and Evening Self-Care Kits that help you prioritise your wellbeing with a beautiful morning or evening skincare ritual.
- Practice gratitude: Take a few minutes each day to reflect on what you're grateful for. This can help shift your focus to the positive aspects of your life.
- Declutter your space: A cluttered space can add to feelings of stress and overwhelm. Take some time to declutter your living space and create a more organised and relaxing environment.
- Get outside: Spending time in nature can have a calming effect on the mind and body. Take a walk, go for a hike, or simply sit outside and enjoy the fresh air.
- Learn to say no: It's important to set boundaries and prioritise your own needs. Learning to say no to things that don't serve you can help you avoid burnout and resentment.
- Take breaks and rest when needed: It's important to take breaks and rest when you need to, especially if you're feeling overwhelmed or stressed.
- Practice self-compassion: Be kind and compassionate to yourself, especially when things don't go as planned or when you're feeling stressed. Treat yourself as you would a close friend, with kindness and understanding.
The benefits you can expect from establishing a regular self-care routine:
- Reduced stress: Self-care activities such as meditation, yoga, or a relaxing bath can help you reduce stress levels and promote relaxation. (We highly recommend a herbal infused bath to nourish your body from the outside in)
- Improved mood: Engaging in activities that make you feel good can boost your mood and increase feelings of happiness.
- Increased energy: Improves your physical health and energy levels, making it easier to tackle your daily tasks.
- Increased productivity: Improves your focus and concentration, which can lead to increased productivity.
- Boosted immune system: Prioritising your wellbeing can boost your immune system and help you ward off illnesses.
- Enhanced self-esteem: Self-care activities can help you feel better about yourself and boost your confidence.
- Better sleep: A regular self-care practice can help you establish a healthy sleep routine and promote better sleep quality.
Overall, a self-care routine can help you lead a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life and it’s important to prioritise self-care as a part of your daily routine. It's not necessary to do every suggestion - even one or two small changes can make a big difference.
Remember, self-care is all about taking care of yourself and prioritizing your own needs, self-care is not selfish. It's essential for your well-being and helps you show up as your best self in all areas of your life.
We hope that this helps you to create a sustainable self-care routine that works for you and allows you to prioritise your wellbeing and feel at your best.