WEDDINGS & FUNCTIONS
Create beautiful memories while we provide the perfect setting for a stunning wedding or function.
The Herb Farm venue is unique in the Manawatu region and offers the perfect place for a memorable wedding.
Our beautiful gardens offer a stunning setting for a garden ceremony.
We have two acres of display gardens and you can choose a location that you love and that suits your wedding size.
Enjoy nibbles and drinks in the gardens after your ceremony and guests can relax and mingle in the tranquil garden setting. Our versatile venue means we can host both your ceremony and reception allowing a seamless transition for yourself and guests.
Complete your perfect day with your reception in The Herb Farm Café (up to 50 people).
Our café offers fresh delicious food made on-site by our Chef. We use only the best local and fresh ingredients and offer a range of beautiful New Zealand beverages.
The gardens provide a stunning backdrop for your family and bridal photos or we can recommend local scenic sites for off-site photos.
We want you to enjoy your special day and we are committed to ensuring that your wedding day is everything you have dreamed of.
Our professional and friendly team are dedicated to making sure your needs are catered for to create an extraordinary experience.
Venue Charges & Details
- Ceremony Only - $700
- Ceremony and Canapés - $900 (cost of canapés is not included)
- Ceremony and Reception - $1200
- Reception Only - $900
- Photographs only - $75.00
- 15% surcharge on public holidays
- Rates inclusive of 15% GST
- Off peak rates apply 1st May – 30th September
- Venue charges are subject to change
As your wedding venue we can provide:
- Our stunning venue for your wedding and access to the venue for your service providers as required.
- Our venue for your ceremony rehearsal prior to the wedding day.
- Food, wine and beverages to the highest quality as selected by you.
- Assistance in helping to create a memorable day for you including recommendations of service providers.
- Act as on-site liaison for your service providers.
- Staffing and set up requirements for the layout of your reception and/or ceremony, full food and bar service and clean up of the venue.
- Provide a signing table and chairs for your ceremony.
- Ceremony seating for up to 12 of your guests.
- A beautiful backdrop for stunning photographs. We can also recommend other local photograph locations.
Access to the Venue
You and your service providers can access the venue from an agreed and pre-organised time. The café can be accessed from 3:30pm.
The Herb Farm is closed to the public from 4:30pm allowing total privacy for your wedding. If the reception is in the café building the café will close earlier on that day.
Although all parts of The Herb Farm do not close early all consideration is given to providing a high level of privacy for your wedding.
- Reception venue hire applies to 12am (extended hours available)
- On-site ceremonies normally commence no earlier than 3:30pm and the hire is for a period of 3 hours
- Wedding guests may arrive at the herb farm up to half an hour prior to the ceremony commencing
- The bar closes and the music concludes at 11:45pm and guests are required to depart by 12am
The Herb Farm is a stunning backdrop for memorable wedding photographs.
There are many areas in the garden which can be used and you are able to have privacy from the wedding guests for this special time while being at the same location.
There are also many local locations which we can recommend as alternative photo settings. Guests can relax in the gardens with drinks and nibbles while the wedding party have their photos taken, ensuring a seamless flow to the day.
Live music or a DJ can be organised for your special day. The café has a sound system that can play CD’s and MP3’s. Marquee weddings will need to organise music.
We recommend you use a battery operated sound system or live music for your garden ceremony. We are able to run electricity to some ceremony sites on request.
We have a delicious range of canapés and buffet menus to suit everyone’s needs. Whether it is canapés through to a full buffet selection your tastes and needs are catered for. Our Chef will ensure this important part of your day is remembered for years to come. All catering is to be organised through The Herb Farm Café.
We are fully licensed and can provide full bar services.
We have a beautiful range of New Zealand wines and beers and can stock spirits as requested. We have a full range of non-alcoholic beverages also available.
BYO is not an option that we offer.
We will run the bar to your requirements and can charge drinks on consumption to your limit and then revert to a cash bar if you wish to do so.
Terms and Conditions
Please contact us for all the necessary bits and pieces (terms and conditions) you need to know and for further resources including menus, a suggested timeline of the day, tips for memorable speeches and a wedding checklist.
To enquire about having your wedding or event at The Herb Farm please phone (06) 3268633 or email.