Enjoy a warming and immune boosting soup that's anti-inflammatory and full of antioxidants.
KEY SUPERFOOD INGREDIENTS
Spinach - Full of antioxidants and vitamin C for immune health.
Basil - An anti-inflammatory, traditionally used for indigestion.
Parsley - Contains Potassium and Iron and Magnesium for heart health.
Avocado - A large range of nutrients including vitamin E for healthy hair, skin and immunity.
2 tbsp Olive Oil
3 Shallots, diced
4 cups Vegetable Stock
2 cups Broccoli Florets
2 cups Baby Spinach
1 cup Parsley Leaves, stems removed
1/2 cup Basil Leaves
1 Whole Avocado, diced
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 can Chickpeas, drained and patted dry
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Generous shake of Salt and Pepper
1 cup Greek Yogurt
or 1 cup Coconut Cream + 1 tbsp Lemon Juice for Dairy Free
- In a medium soup pot, saute diced shallots in 2 tbsp olive oil over low heat until softened.
- Add chopped broccoli and stock to the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook until broccoli is tender.
- Add Spinach, Parsley, and Basil to the soup and stir gently to wilt the spinach.
- Transfer soup to a blender and add the diced avocado. Puree until smooth. *You may have to work in two batches.
- Return to the pot and stir in greek yogurt. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arranged the chickpeas on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the chickpeas split open.